(video link here)
I've had this bareMinerals quad in The Elements for some time, but only use it occasionally. I always think about the colors and just wonder how I can use them. Of course the main reason I bought it was for the unique colors and combination in the palette. I was motivated to use it a week or two ago and the look was so pretty, I had to share!
I used all four colors in the quad. Air, a shimmery gray on the lid; Water, a deepened blue teal on the outer half of the lid into the crease; Fire, a matte dusty orange through the crease and Earth, a greenish gray along the bottom half of my lashline.
For my cheeks, I used a depotted e.l.f. Studio blush in Tickled Pink, a fairly neutral light mostly-matte pink.
Over that I swirled on a decent amount of the Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Highlighter in Rose Illumination. This came out in the 2012 Summer collection and there was a mild buzz about it in the beauty community due to its "rose gold" label. I picked it up (after a long time waiting at an empty counter) one day in Macy's and I'm glad I did! It's a light pink with a very strong golden sheen. It's easy to go overboard on this stuff!
A few other products of note would be the Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Honey Dip - the texture on this liner is so smooth and glides on, easy (for me) to wear color as well. I've also been enjoying the Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl in Nude for my waterline lately, it lasts quite well and applies to the waterline effortlessly. I am curious to try other colors in the line! Last but not least, the Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque. I picked this up at a CCO/Cosmetics Company Store - no idea why it was there but I was running out of the Secret Concealer in my Laura Mercier Undercover Pot so I snatched it up. For whatever reason, I hadn't been using it the past few months - it's so lovely! A lighter shade than the LM corrector and is quite brightening. It also sits well on my dry undereyes.
Let me know if you've tried out this quad, if you have any favorite color combinations - or any recommendations in the bareMinerals READY shadow line! Thanks for stopping by!
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Full Cover Concealer #1
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance in Lemon Drop
- Revlon ColorStay Combo/Oily in #110 (not shown)
- shu uemura hard formula #9 brow pencil Seal Brown
- bareMinerals READY 4.0 Eyeshadow in The Elements
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Demolition
- Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque
- Maybelline Great Lash in Dark Brown
- Sonia Kashuk bare minimum pressed powder in Translucent Fair
- e.l.f. Studio Blush in Tickled Pink
- Elizabeth Arden Pure Finish Highlighter in Rose Illumination (LE Summer 2012)
- Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Honey Dip
- Laura Mercier Lip Glace in Bare Blush
- e.l.f lash/brow wand
- MAC 239
- MAC 217
- Sigma E45 Small Tapered Blending
- Sonia Kashuk blending eye brush (from a discontinued kit)
- Real Techniques Buffing Brush
- Real Techniques Duo Fiber Contour Brush
Post a Comment